Skip to main content

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas!!!  So much has been going on for months.  It is a constant and I’m looking forward to spending the holidays with family and friends at a slower pace.

I made a decision to have the Christmas spirit and not stress over anything.  So far, it’s working!!!  The difference this year from last is less “stuff” and more “family”!  We are having a huge family party with all of my siblings and families.  First time we are all together in a while.  We always wonder why after we visit, love and laugh!!!  

We are having a feast, white elephant fun and a GAME!  My family loves a good game!!!  My Mom will be in her wonderful glory to see us all be together and to cuddle the grandchildren.  

Our children will love being with their Grandma, Aunts and Uncles and cousins.  All to celebrate the birth of our Savior.  We anticipate the Holy Mass and celebrating this feast.  The birth of Our Lord!  The beauty at St. Peter’s is breathtaking.  So from our family to yours MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A BLESSED NEW YEAR!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Cutter Parenting

When I first became a parent I was looking to be exactly like other Catholic parents, whatever that was.  I immunized Beau and Maria.  I put them in pre-school because they would never get into Harvard if I didn't.  I bought the "Happy Meals" because that was what all the other moms did.  I dressed them like all the other kids.  We celebrated Santa and then God.  Why oh why was I so unhappy?  I had everything I wanted, so I thought. One day I turned and saw a disaster following me.  A Catholic School run by feminists of the worst kind.  Caring more about academics and fundraising than the souls of these little people.  We were raising them to put God on the back burner.   God knew exactly what to do.  I became pregnant with Ireland.  I had secondary infertility.  I was very busy when I became pregnant.  I was working part-time for the Catholic Pre-School, working part-time as a Waitress at a place that had Country Music Shows.  I was also helping my brother start

Good Morning Americans

This morning I turned on GMA.  GMA standing for Good Morning America!  Really?  The news they put out is anything but good.  Today the ticker at the bottom of the screen read that milk was going up $.60.   Here .  BUT this is what was supposed to happen.   Here.   Coffee prices are going up.   Here.   The best is fuel!  Gas prices escalate.   Here. Let's talk about jobs...  Here is what the government says.   Here.   The reality is " In a phone call,  Harvard Business School  Entrepreneurship and Strategy Professor Joe Fuller called the numbers “more of the same.” While he felt the headline jobs number was “a disappointment even in the context of a decaying picture for jobs growth,” Fuller warns that”trying to read a lot into month to month data is a fools errand. There is, however, something in these numbers that’s unsettling. Even though we talk about the period from July to November being good relative to the recent past, it still wasn’t the type of job growth numbers we

Don't Judge a Special Needs Family

Have you ever been misunderstood? Have you ever tried to do the right thing and have a whole bunch of wicked come hurling at you? What did you do? Did you start to endlessly explain your motives so it could be twisted by the few people that dislike you? Or did you stay silent? Staying silent is not my strong point, thus the blog.;) When I became pregnant with Looly (Kate), I noticed some big changes within myself. I had to fight to keep her alive because of a difficult pregnancy. Then at the end of my pregnancy I had to fight to keep us both alive. Then we were told Looly had Down Syndrome. At that time, we were grateful to God that she was alive and later we were thanking God that her heart was healthy and there was no neurological damage. She just has Down Syndrome. Just Down Syndrome. Say those words...just Down Syndrome. That is what I do, I simplify difficult things, then reflect and think I'm crazy. I was connected to this child at conception. I begged God to let me car